The learning outcomes of the course are evaluated in the following way:
- Two tests, each giving 25% of the grade.
- Five practice reports, each giving 5% of the grade.
- An individual project report and presentation thereof giving 25% of the grade.
All of these components are summed up at the end of the semester and form the exam grade.
Test solutions, lab reports and the project are all sumbitted through TalTech Moodle.
The following policies are in effect:
- There is only one attempt to do each of the tests during the semester. It is however possible to improve the result (if desired) during finals for one of the test. Among the attempts, the one with the best grade will be counted as final.
- The report for each practice must be submitted within two weeks of the date of carrying out the practical work in the laboratory. If a report is not received within the allocated time interval, the grade points for the practical work are not awarded.
- Topics for the individual project may be selected from a list offered by the instructor, or proposed by the student. In the latter case, the topic of the project must be within the scope of the course. At the end of the course, a report for the project must be prepared and submitted for evaluation. The prospective length of the report is 10-15 pages.
Regarding the project, the student must also
- Submit the prospective project topic and abstract within the first 4 weeks of the semester;
- Give a 10-12 minute talk about the finished project at the end of the course.
The project may also be a work-in-progress. In such a case, the results obtained by the end of the course must clearly demonstrate the advances in the developed topic.